Re: [xml] Memory not going away..

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 12:04:51PM -0500, David W. Bauer Jr. wrote:
I re-compiled with --mem-debug and this is the contents of .memdump:

      11:47:59 AM

      MEMORY ALLOCATED : 0, MAX was 222911016
BLOCK  NUMBER   SIZE  TYPE

That's it.

  okay, perfect, libxml2 released with free() all the memory it allocated
with malloc().

Also, I wrote a quick test to verify what I thought to be
true.. that is that Linux reports the memory correctly as you alloc/free.
I tested both calloc and malloc and top, ps and /proc were all correct.

I think that have some not configured properly since memdump is empty.

   no, no... allocated is 0, free() had been called correctly for all
chunk of memory.

Also, does it sounds correct that the parser requires 10 times the XML
file size in memory?  That is just something I noticed.

   Not the parser, the DOM tree, yes that's possible depending on the
ratio of data to markup.

Daniel