Re: [xml] Schemas parser error: when using libxml2 to parse the schema of SOAP 1.2

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 06:48:16PM +0800, Gloria Yang wrote:
Dear all:

I am using libxml2 with the schema of SOAP1.2 to validate SOAP message
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-envelope/

And I got an error message like:
soap2002.xsd:88: element field: Schemas parser error :
Element '{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}field',
attribute 'xpath': The XPath expression '@xml:lang' could not be compiled.

Is there anything wrong?

  Apparently. Potentially libxml2 could not compile your schema, it maybe
a libxml2 bug.

What should I do?

  Wait until Kasimier comes back from vacations (3 weeks), or chase the
problem yourself. In any case a reduced reproductible test case in bugzilla
is the best way to make sure the problem will be looked at (we will not
guess what is your schemas, what is your instance or go though a huge schemas
to find the actual problem, that is *your* job as a bug reporter).
   Reading and following http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html indications is what
you should do.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

  Stop posting many times the same the same message on the mailing-list
each time you hit a problem. It is the best way to get the people who
actually work on this code base to ignore you, because:
  1/ this distill the very unpleasant feeling we are to your orders
     and will be yelled at repeatedly until we get back to you
  2/ this annoys everybody else on the mailing list

 So post once, do the minimal analysis on your case *first*, come with
complete reproductible but reduced in size data showing the problem, and
if needed bugzilla them, in a nutshell make the work easy for us because
we have a hell of work to do too and we are doing this in a benevolent basis !

Daniel