Re: [xml] libxml2: bug in most recent CygWin version?

Daniel Veillard wrote:
  2/ I don't think entity support for XSD makes much sense, you'd better
     always run with entities substitued

(I'm not clear what the XSD has to do with this--both the entity defn and the reference to the entity are inside the XML file. But maybe I just don't understand...)

 so use xmllint --noent --schema .... to run your checks.
I'm not sure this really qualifies as a bug. Best is to run it that way,

Yes, now that I see the description, I realize that's what I should have been doing. (And the error msg goes away.) Thanks!

(But doesn't the msg
   Unimplemented block at
   /instsoft/libxml/uploaded/libxml2-2.6.20/xmlschemas.c:23832
indicate a bug? Or is this more on the order of an 'assert', a reminder to the programmers that s.t. remains to be finished?)

Ah, just to make myself look good <blush>:-)</blush>, the description of the "nonet" option appears twice (in adjacent lines) in the man page for xmllint, on both the CygWin and FreeBSD systems.
--
        Mike Maxwell
        Linguistic Data Consortium

        "When I get a little money I buy books;
          and if any is left I buy food and clothes."
        --Erasmus