[xml] sample program required!

Hello

I am new to this library and XML. I want a sample program which 'll be
given a xml packet (file) it 'll parse the packet and 'll return the
values.
Input to the program is as follows:
<test>
      <one attr='val'>
             <inner>stuff</inner>
</test>
output should be as (or something like that):
test
one
attr val
inner stuff
inner stuff1

Can you please guide me how i can do that, or you can give me or mention
this kind of program.

Second question is that, is it possible to generate xml packet (file) by
usaing this library.

Thanks