Re: [xml] spaces in uri, again

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 11:38:22AM +0200, PaweÅ PaÅucha wrote:
PaweÅ PaÅucha wrote:
I can't force libxml2 to load uri with spaces.

I repeat my question - is there a way to load document with URI containing
spaces?

  It used to work. I remember checking it myself. Make a bugzilla
entry, submit a patch, but that part of the code is extremely
sensible, changing it one way or another fixes one's person code and
breaks another's persone code, and that is one of the parts not
covered by the regression tests.

Why does nanohttp unescapes spaces in URI?

  paphio:~/XML -> xmllint 'http://localhost/a b'
  warning: failed to load external entity "http%3A//localhost/a%20b"
  paphio:~/XML ->

 the question is more about why it wrongly escapes it.

Is this a bug, or am I
doing something wrong?

  Maybe the "I'm offended" attitude about you hitting a bug is one of the
thing your original mail was wrong and need fixing.
  Giving the version number of libxml2 used, did it work in the past but failed
in a recent version, investigating the code, basically trying to present things
in a way that make it looks more fun than just an angry user would help.

Daniel