Re: [xml] makefile sample

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:19:10PM +0200, emanuele berinotti wrote:
Because LIBXML_READER_ENABLED result never defined in my sample, and it's
not a wrong installation, so
the problem stay in other place....
I already detailed my problem, but if the terms are this...I'll try to
solve by myself...

  It *is* an installation problem !!! You are saying it is not
but it has to and you provide no information which may indicate that
it is not so.

Either your library was compiled and installed without XInclude
as I said already or you are fetching headers from the wrong
place or you have multiple conflicting installations.

paphio:~ -> grep LIBXML_READER_ENABLED /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/*.h
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlreader.h:#ifdef LIBXML_READER_ENABLED
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlreader.h:#endif /* LIBXML_READER_ENABLED */
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlversion.h: * LIBXML_READER_ENABLED:
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlversion.h:#define LIBXML_READER_ENABLED
paphio:~ ->

If configured in the library LIBXML_READER_ENABLED is defined in xmlversion.h
The xmlversion.h header is included from xmlreader.h . This works that way
for everybody else.
And there is nothing I can do to debug your installation problem for you !
And posting over and over your piece of code doesn't help in any way to
find out why your compiler included an xmlversion.h where LIBXML_READER_ENABLED
is not defined !

Daniel