Re: [xml] RE: xml Digest, Vol 6, Issue 30

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 10:25:18AM -0500, mbenyounes tycoint com wrote:
Daniel,

I can't believe the arrogance that I sensed coming from your part, when I
read your reply. The fact of the matter is that I followed the steps in the
INSTALL file to the T but got nowhere. Just because you happen to be
proficient in this domain doesn't give you the license to treat everyone
else who doesn't as an idiot. So, if you don't feel a certain posting
deserves a reply, just ignore it and that would be OK with me. But, one
thing I sure don't need from you is a condescending reply such the one you
provided.

  The topic is how to cross-compile software using a GNU toolchain.
This is not the topic of teh mailing-list. You posted IIRC 3 times about
it. I answered I think 2 or 3 times. My last post had his share of flames
but for a reason. The list need to be focused on its topic. It was not
obvious at all you read the INSTALL file and followed it. But basically
it was really about how to use configure in a cross-compilation setup.
And I did answer how to do this on your own question, maybe I added
an extra semi-column to the answer which didn't make it work out of the
box. Instead of replying you sent 2 other mails to the list 2 business
days later, not even in the thread, misquoting me (Make not make) and
without apparent progress from your part.
  My analysis is that you didn't care much about the issue, and were
just fine bouncing the question to the list until you get an answer
which would work for you without much research. Based on my answer and
the INSTALL file I really think one should get to the solution within
minutes. You didn't, it's too bad, so I provided the answer but stated
my disagreement with your way of using the list. I still think your
questions were off-topic, that minimal looking around should have gotten
you there, and that the last thing I want this list to turn into is a
bucket where people drop their problem just waiting for a cooked answer.
I was probably wrong in the tone used, it wasn't the best way to get there
but the problem remains if someone don't know what he's doing, just
posting to this list for answer won't work, not for him, not for us.

  Sorry about this,

Daniel