[xml] ignorableWhitespace SAX callback

Hello,

Given a document without a DTD, libxml2 reports whitespace characters
via the ignorableWhitespace SAX callback. However, as Daniel notes in

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2004-April/msg00244.html

if there is no DTD, you cannot determine that any whitespace is
ignorable. I have discussed this issue with Elliotte Rusty Harold, who
is of the opinion that in such cases all whitespace should be reported
via the characters callback. The SAX documentation is not very explicit
on this issue. What is the libxml2 position?

If this has been discussed before on the mailing list please excuse me -
the search function is 404 atm so I've relied on Google.
--
Chris Burdess