Re: [xml] XML Schema Validation via Python

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 03:14:50PM +0100, Robert Sanderson wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:45:55PM +0100, Robert Sanderson wrote:
While I see the fine work done in xmllint/testSchemas, I can't find any
way to reproduce this sort of thing via the Python binding.

  Hum, I never made bindings because the Schemas API were not considered
stable enough, maybe it's time to revisit this. Please make an RFE in
bugzilla, but I can't promise an ETA at this point. As usual the ETA
rule of Open Source applies "Sooner if you help" :-)

Being a newbie to libxml2, it looks like all of the wrapper functions are
generated from the two xml files processed by generator.py?  Given the
size of the base api, I expect it's generated somehow from the source
code?
So is it just a matter of regenerating everything in turn?

  and one of the XML file is itself autogenerated

In other words, what should I do to help?

  Right, it's not trivial, one need to hack the python generator to
introduce 2 new classes used for the schemas compilation and validation
contexts, add them to the .c and .h glue file, regenerate, and do some
testing. And the last part is obviously where it's the easier to help ...

Daniel