Re: [xml] PATCH: Macintosh carbon library changes.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 12:23:22PM -0700, Johnson, Cameron wrote:
I have posted this message before however the function was not fully
internationalized for all locales I have made changes to my new function
to reflect those changes.

I found that I needed libxml2 to work on the Macintosh in Carbon, not
just in OS X. The product did not work correctly without making changes
to the source code.  The problem was how file paths were treated. In a
Mac OS X only application, the file paths were POSIX and so it worked
correctly with libxml. Within a Carbon application the file paths used
the Mac file system (A colon is used as the separator).  Libxml
internally depends on a POSIX style path.

My solution was to change the path to a Mac style path just before the
file path is used when calling file IO functionality.

[...]
Function: xmlSysIDExists
Line 3085: add 6 lines
      #ifdef CONVERT_TO_MAC_PATHS
      path = ConvertPosixToMac(path);
      #endif

   ret = stat(path, &info);

  Sorry that form of description of changes is not reliable enough,
submit a patch done with patch -c or patch -p. This utility exists
on OS X for sure !
  That's something I asked for in my reply to you previous mail,
and I really need this to process your request.

Daniel