[xml] Handling minor errors in XML and continuing

Some time ago I wrote a tool to parse XML using libxml's SAX interface.
Unfortunately I now have to deal with some badly behaved clients which
send unquoted angle brackets etc. which cause the XML parsing to choke.

My question is, are there any options in any of libxml's parsers to
gracefully handle minor errors of non-conformance and continue (like a
browser) rather than just give up?

I appreciate that in an ideal world the buggy clients would be fixed,
but that's just not an option for me.  What can I do?

Thanks...