Re: [xml] I/O error : Too many open files

EMFILE on any Unix operating system means that you have opened too many
files at the same time. This is a generic problem not specific to
libxml2. You should (a) make sure you're closing all files and sockets
opened by your application, and (b) run "ulimit -n" to discover the
limit that you're exceeding.

On solaris, there are "hard" and "soft" limits. Soft limits can be
changed by the user but hard limits can't. Fixing the problem may be as
simple as setting your soft limit higher. If you're running up against
the hard limits, you'll need to edit /etc/system (as root) and modify or
add lines that look like:

        * set hard limit on file descriptors
        set rlim_fd_max = 4096  (or whatever)
        * set soft limit on file descriptors
        set rlim_fd_cur = 1024          (or whatever)

Hope this helps.

Reid.