Re: [xml] configure options questions

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 09:47:44AM +0000, Balint Joo wrote:
[...]
while I developed on Linux. However, now on our target platform
I have come accross a segfault which came in xmlFreeInputStream,
which was called by xmlParseMemory on  some internal data structure.

  Hum, no idea where this might come from...

However, I thought libxml-2.5.11 is rather old, so I downloaded
2.6.6. Imagine my surprise to see the explosion in configure
options,the search for a Fortran compiler etc.

  That's just auto* tools evolution nothing to be afraid about.

I also noticed two new options:

      --with-minimum
and   --with-legacy

Could someone please explain which API's are considered
legacy (I may need to update my wrappers appropriately

  everything which was flagged as deprecated in 2.5 I think,
see legacy.c . Also 2.6.x comes with SAX2 see testSAX.c for an
example.

to use the new non legacy APIs). Also what features / other
options does --with-minimum imply?

  --with-minimum compile with only what cannot be removed from the
library core. It's equivalent to switching off all optional configure
flags listed in configure --help.

Daniel