Re: [xml] Using HTTP POST from XSLT to access webservices

Mikhail S Grushinskiy wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm thinking about developing xslt extension element to allow HTTP
> posting from XSLT, which
> can be especially useful for web services. Does nanohttp in libxslt
> support HTTP POST?

 Yes it does.

> Has anyone worked on something like that? Are there any proposals for
> dealing with HTTP POSTs from
> XSLT (may be in exslt)?
>
> It would be nice if input for 'post' could be prepared by regular XSLT
> and output XML could be parsed by XSLT,
> something like:

> [snip]

> (All this is hypothetical example).
>
> Does this idea make sense? Or does something like this already exist?
>
> Thank you for your suggestions :).

 Well, it makes sense and I think I saw such an extension for another
xslt processor (can't remember which one, sorry). Note that you have to
POST data, and also transmit some additionnal HTTP headers (like the
SOAPAction: header)...

        Fabrice
--
Fabrice Desré