Re: [xml] libxml2 and pthreads

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 09:47:15AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
My hope would be that distributions would start shipping it compiled w/out
pthreads by default and applications that currently use the pthread version
would quickly migrate to this new approach.

  No way, this won't work, this will deactivate thread support completely
and break their ABI. Don't even hope for it Red Hat won't do this and
other won't either I'm pretty sure.
  If this is the intent of the patch, it won't work. We will not break ABIs,

Daniel