Re: [xml] "Next XML schema implementation steps (poll)"

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:32:41 -0400, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 10:52:41PM +0200, Torkel Lyng wrote:
What features are the XML-Schema part missing really?

  Kasimier is the best person to answer, but I knw we are missing
at least:
  - content checking in derivations (I would have to implement
    comparison at the regexps level first)
  - identity constraints not based on ID/IDREF

Just to clarify, does the above include support for 'unique'? While ID
accomplishes some of the same things (enforces uniqueness), it has
some other naming constraints that unique does not require.

 there is probably other parts though (do we have wilcards ?)
  To me one of the important things somewhat missing is more
systematic regression testing for the code in CVS, I know Kasimier
have been using at least subset of the W3C testsuite [1] but
this is not integrated in CVS right now (though the full set of
the W3C Schemas types are tested though Relax-NG James Clark
testsuite). But Kasimier is asking for features missing and what
you want implemented, it's a relatively different matter.

Daniel

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-test-collection/