Re: [xml] question regarding error reporting

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:09:21AM -0700, Mark Vakoc wrote:
--- Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

  Okay, that part didn't got that much scrutiny, you seem to have a good
view of that code, I take patches :-)

This oughta work.  Log messages are limit to 1000 bytes, this can easily be changed.

Well, this really changes the existing APIs a lot. I get tons of regression
test errors which to me means it is a change of behaviour in some of
the most common error paths. The introduction of the structured error
handlers was sneaked in such a way to not modify the common error handling
paths. I'm afraid your patch is too intrusive to be applied as-is.
I also spotted an incoherency the XPointer errors are flagged as being
parser ones.
I enclosed the logs of "make tests" on my machine.

Daniel