Re: [xml] Creating a markup language

create a schema, that's what they are there for.  however if your code
is low level (i guess, people have different ideas of what low level
is) xml is likely not the right choice.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:28:31 -0400, Bob Rossi <bob brasko net> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 07:20:04PM +0400, Nikolay Melekhin wrote:
Bob Rossi wrote:

Hi,

This is the best place I could think of for asking this question. I hope
someone is capable of providing me with an answer or maybe pointing me
in the correct direction.

I am creating a protocol between two GPL'd applications. Basically,
process A sends a command to process B. Which then responds with the
reply. I want to make process B respond in XML. This way, process A
doesn't really have to worry to much about parsing.

Basically, my question is, should I create a Markup Language for B that
it will always reply to A with? Or, should I create one Markup Language
for each command possible that B responds to A with? How can you
compare/contrast these two models?

If there were ten possible commands A could run through B, then the first
case
would have 1 large ML, while the second case would have 10 small ML's.
I don't know which is better?, how they scale?, or what path I should go
down. I can say that the output of B to A is generally small.

Thanks for any help or advice,
Bob Rossi

You can try use XML-RPC protocol

Thanks, unfortunately, the 2 process's described are really low level.
Apparently, the only way they can communicate is through a pipe. So, I am
stuck to that environment.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi