Re: [xml] Beta release of 2.6.0beta2

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:57:30AM -0400, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
hi there,

one thing I'm very keen on that was not listed in the mail, yet I
believe is part of the new stuff in 2.6, is a much improved error
handling API.
Just to remind everybody who was asking for a better / more
robust error handling API, I guess this is the time to have a look
into these new functions.

Daniel, do you have any tests / examples included that demonstrate
these new features ?

  Well there is no new feature, yet. The main change is that all errors
from the XML parser module are now processed via a few routines at the
top of parser.c . Those routine in turn call the existing APIs. However
it should be relatively easy now to plug a new error intercerption layer
at a "logical" level. The routines get the parser context if available,
the xmlParserErrors value and some extra arguments for better error
reporting. Now, I expect interested people to discuss the kind of
interfaces they would like, and if made in time I will provide this
in 2.6.0

Daniel