Re: [xml] Regular Expressions in XPath

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 08:39:58AM -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 07:10, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 04:02:09AM -0700, Madhavan Nagarajan wrote:
Hello,

 Does the latest version of LibXML supports regular expression in a
XPath Expression?

  Show me the part of XPath-1.0 Recommendation showing regular expression
and I will make sure it's implemented. XPath-1.0 does not support this
nor does libxml2.

I think Madhavan was referring to the EXSLT regexp functions.  At least,
I really hope so.  But the answer is still no.

  Hum, the EXSLT regexp could be implemented on top of libxml2 regexp
support but that requires extending the current regexp API.

Daniel