Re: "Re: [xml] unresolved external symbol"

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 03:37:32PM +0100, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:

I checked the compile messages once again and found the following:
--------------
chvalid.c
..\chvalid.c(163) : warning C4028: formal parameter 2 different from declaration
--------------

in chvalid.c we got:

xmlCharInRange (unsigned int val, xmlChRangeGroupPtr rptr)

in chvalid.h we got:

XMLPUBFUN int XMLCALL
                xmlCharInRange(unsigned int val, const xmlChRangeGroupPtr group)

  yeah, I fixed that in CVS last week I think,

Note the different argument names "rptr" & "group" in both functions.
Could that be the reason why the function is not exported?

Parameter names in declaration and implementation don't mean a thing, it is allowed to use different ones. The compiler warning comes from the "const" being in one but not in the other. The warning is harmless.

  I rather think it's the missing "const",

That's the reason for the warning, but has nothing to do with exportability.

In our case, symbols are exported only by names. Parameter, not parameter or const parameter has no influence here. There are more functions where declaration says const, implementation doesn't and they are still exported.

Ciao,
Igor