RE: [xml] Ignore external subset

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 10:51 PM
To: Keim, Markus
Subject: Re: [xml] Ignore external subset

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 06:28:27PM +0200, Keim, Markus wrote:
  How can you expect to "validate" without fetching the external
subset if there is one ? I cannot understand such a requirement.

Hum, i *don't* want to validate while parsing.
On the contrary, i want to completely ignore the external subset,
even if it's present, just parse in the document.

  Excellent, then you don't have anything to do, it's libxml2
default behaviour.

While parsing i *can't* determine a base path for that documents,
so, if "parseCtxt->loadsubset" is true (the default), the

  No that should not be the default. Something has changed that value.

Oh, than i've to search that "something" in my code, i'm not
aware to set it explicitly.

Using an own external entity loader, i want to validate the
document subsequently.

  If there is an internal subset that won't work. If there is only
an external subset compute the URI-Reference (uri.h) parse it as a DTD
(xmlParseDTD) and validate the resulting tree (see valid.h).

Jep, that part is already working, just the "unwished" loading of
the external subset dulls the picture...

Daniel

Ciao, Markus