Re: [xml] Access Violation when using TLS

I tried it again without TLS and with the LIBXML_STATIC_FOR_DLL
define and it worked. No more crash after FreeLibrary(). But it only
worked in2.6.0beta6 and not in 2.5.11, guess that's because of those
older patches, that have just been applied a few days ago. Looking
forward to the final release to finally get my DLL working
properly...
It's quite depressing to find out, that hours and hours of trying and
debugging have been wasted, because it would have never worked, even
if I set that define I was missing, because that patches were
missing.

Thanks for your help and information, I guess I will now post less
useless stuff to the list (hopefully) :)

Since you mention unloading the DLL, let me add that TLS will *not*
work with LoadLibrary/FreeLibrary: it requires that the compiler
knows about your DLL.

So yes, please retry with 2.6.0beta6 without TLS and tell us
how it works. If it still fails, try to be somewhat more explicit
about your scneario.

Thanks.

-sbi

I'm not clear about your whole scenario, but here are a couple of thoughts
and questions.

First, are you sure you need to be using LIBXML_STATIC_FOR_DLL?  It's
intended for the case where libxml is statically linked into a DLL.  It
sounds like that may be what you're doing, but I'm not sure.

Second, LIBXML_STATIC_FOR_DLL has no effect if you're using compiler TLS, as
you must be doing if you're crashing in line 397.  Try disabling compiler
TLS.