Re: RE : RE : [xml] Parsing invalid characters or entities ref

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 11:22:03AM +0100, GARNIER Pierre wrote:
But some applications - not critical - could give the choice to the user to
treat the XML despite the "character error".

For example : an XML editor.
If the invalid character is in a CharData (cf XML specs), the XML document

  the editor when failing to parse the file should use xmlRecoverFile()
reserialize and work from there, after having reported the error to the user.
I don't see an editor using the xmlReader interface which is there more
for batch processing and data extraction, not editing.
  The XML spec is *cristal clear* that normal processing *MUST* be dropped
on such an error and no amount of arguing will make me change my library
from a conformant behaviour to a non-conformant one.
  If you want a non-conformant parser use something else. The toolkit
provide a way to recover the instance, but it won't provide a way to
make the default processing especially for things like streaming to
silently ignore errors, I'm sorry about that I have no sympathy for
allowing corrupted file on streaming processing.

Daniel