[xml] Using Libxml in another application

Title: Message
Sorry if this is a dull question but I have had a look through the FAQ's and the Archive but this has confused me even more (I confuse easily..)

Under the terms of the MIT License, I understand that I can use libxml in another application,  provided I comply with the terms of the license (e.g. acknowledge copyright etc..)

Does this mean that I can use it in a commercial application or would I have to release my application under an Open Source License (which I may do anyway...).

Release that most of us are not lawyers, but any quick advice gratefully received.

Thanks,
Andy Thompson
adt nildram co uk