[xml] final output filtering?

Is there any straightforward way to provide an in-line "output filter" for the tree output routines such as xmlDocDumpFormatMemory() or xmlSaveFile() (other than going back and reading and rewriting the output results, of course ;-), so that I can convert the Unix line-endings to platform-appropriate line-endings (Windows, Mac OS), and do any other post-processing like that?

xmlIO looks promising, but I don't see any direct way to use that with the tree saving machinery.

Could I do something tricky like define my own output encoding ("myUTF-8") and do the work there? But I guess that would limit the user's choice of output encodings to mine. Hmm...

Cheers!
--Chris Ryland / Em Software, Inc. / www.emsoftware.com