Re: [xml] libxml, SGML_CATALOG_FILES and XML_CATALOG_FILES

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:23:15PM +0200, Oliver Fischer wrote:
Hello,

since I use these tools, I have an problem with my environment under
unix. I have SGML_CATALOG_FILES and XML_CATALOG_FILES set, since I need
both.

If xsltproc starts in such an enviroment it gets confused and stops.
Could this be solved?

 No, libxml2 internal catalog structure does not allow to load simultaneously
XML and SGML catalogs on the same structure. All constructs which can
be expressed in SGML catalog (and supported by libxml2) are also expressable
with XML catalogs. So convert everything to XML catalogs.

--> snip <--
~/ew/pwxsl/kopf/test/netzseite$ make
/usr/local/bin/xmllint --valid --noout index.xml
/usr/local/bin/xsltproc --catalogs --nonet -o index.html  --stringparam

Hum, this is useless to me, I cannot reproduce any of those and cannot analyze
what is happening either. The xmllint call will certainly use only the XML
Catalogs, the xsltproc with --catalogs is likely to load the SGML ones,
but I can't even tell.
Anyway, XML Catalogs are the cataloging system primarilly supported by libxml2,
SGML Catalog support is for legacy support only, please switch.

Daniel

P.S.: it is easy to concatenate XML catalogs presents in different entities,
      check the spec, it's on-line.