Re: [xml] XML streaming with libxml2

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 08:31:07AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

detect it and tell the parser that the end was reached. If someone
designed a stream of XML documents without marker boundaries, the design
is simply broken ! That simple...

  Yes... That's true... But I've to work with this design anyway...

  I've an application which implemented that way (server side), and I've no
  idea how but it distinguish end of document somehow, without any markers
  (unfortunately, the server source is unavailable).

  At least, when I send valid document, it is recognized immediately as soon
  as end tag is sent, everything that is not valid (say, I didn't send a
  start tag) is ignored. So I thought that there is some way to do this with
  XML parser...

  Theoretically, I see no reason for limitation like this - parser can stop
  exactly when end tag is received and indicate this condition (especially
  in SAX mode), so it seems to be artifical (a bit). Isn't XML specs badly
  designed? :) It would me more convenient if parser would tell the
  boundaries...  Especially for streaming... But OK. We have what we have.

  Thanks anyway! :)

Regards,
/Al