Re: [xml] Segfault during libxml2-2.5.6 compile

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 04:04:37PM -0700, David Busby wrote:
List,
    I'm getting a segfault during a comple of libxml2-2.5.6.  I don't know
where to start :(
Where do logs from this stuff get written?
[...]
Making all in .
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/libxml2-2.5.6'
[...]
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I./include -I./include -D_REENTRANT -g -O2
-Wall -c encoding.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/encoding.lo
encoding.c: In function `UTF8ToUTF8':
encoding.c:624: Internal error: Segmentation fault.
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [encoding.lo] Error 1

  Huh, interesting... That code has compiled without problem for years
with various versions of GCC and on a lot of platforms...
Please make sure that your hardware is not at fault first,
thing like bad memory chips are sometime raised only during compile,
try to reproduce the same problem on a different machine configured
similary.

I think the basic things you need to report are:
  - the OS you are running on (uname -a  output)
  - the version of gcc used (gcc --version  output)
then go to http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ can create a new bug report
against gcc with those informations as well as stating  how you managed to get
the error. Put my address veillard redhat com in the Cc: field of the bug
report. But check first your hardware, really !

Daniel