Re: [xml] Bug Report : xmllint (libxml2-2.4.27) - Entity in Entity processing

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 05:36:17PM +1100, Peter Bray wrote:
Greetings All,

     I believe I have discovered a bug in xmllint (libxml2-2.4.27
compiled with GCC-3.2 on Solaris 8 Intel Edition). Unfortunately I
tried to reproduce it in a small file and the same effect does not
happen, so I'll describe the problem in detail as it has been very
easy to localise (the problem) to one feature of the document.

     The problem only occurs when the document being processed _uses_
an entity containing another entity, the following example is the
entity in question:

ENTITY EPOCHTC                        "EPOCH T&C"
ENTITY EPOCHTCPossessive              "EPOCH T&C's"

  That bug got reported to me directly by the KDE documentation team,
the following patch fixes their problem apparently:

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsview2.cgi?command=DIFF&subdir=gnome-xml&file=parser.c&rev1=1.230&rev2=1.231&whitespace_mode=show&diff_mode=context

  Give it a try and tell us if it doesn't fix your problem.

Daniel