[xml] encoding tutorial draft

Folks -

With help from Marcus Labib Iskander, I've put together a tutorial
example showing in brief how to do encoding conversion.

I've posted a draft here (nothing's checked in yet until I'm sure I'm
doing this right):

http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/tutorial/ar01s08.html
http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/tutorial/apf.html

Feedback encouraged. Among other things, I've not explained (because I
don't understand) the role of iconv in all this magic, and I've not
given a definitive list of the encodings supported.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead