Re: [xml] xmlIndentTreeOutput

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:39:12PM -0700, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
Hi, All!

I have a question about xmlIndentTreeOutput global parameter:
why do we need it in LibXML? It seems that the behavior is always
controlled by functions "format" parameter:

    if((format) && (xmlIndentTreeOutput)) {
    }

so in all cases you probably want to have xmlIndentTreeOutput = 1.

  yeah, let's call that a remain from the past :-\

However, the default value for xmlIndentTreeOutput is 0 and I spent
a couple hours trying to understand why indent="yes" in <xsl:output />
does not work :)

  well it does if you set it up :-)

I have two suggestions:
    1) remove xmlIndentTreeOutput completely (probably bad idea now
    because it breaks api)

         yep I would prefer to avoid this

    2) set default value to 1

         this sounds less disruptive, feel free to commit this !

Daniel