Re: [xml] Schemas handling as different lib

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 01:03:19PM +0400, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
Hello, xml! How are you?

  Why schemas handling is done (is doing :)) inside libxml2? I think,
  XSchema validation is as far from XML parsing as XSLT
  transformation, and it will be better to make it different library
  (libxshema, for example).

  No because it is needed to build a tree with the defauted values.
I also want to be able to Schemas validate at the SAx stream level
at some point. Please look at the architecture picture on the web site

  Many application doesn't need XSchema validations, and it is not
  small piece of code...

  Simply don't compile it in ! It's a configure time option, moreover
most decent linker infrastructure do NOT link all the library code
in tha applications, only the parts needed.

Daniel