Re: [xml] XML and canonicalization

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 10:37:04PM +0100, Marius Kjeldahl wrote:
I'm working on a project which require messages to be signed using a
<Signature> tag inside the XML document. This again requires canonicalization
of the xml document before signing, and I am having trouble finding
utilities/code that demonstrate canonicalization.

According to the homepage of the XML C library for Gnome (libxml2), this may
be supported already - the homepage says:

"Canonical XML Version 1.0: http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n and the Exclusive
XML Canonicalization CR draft http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-exc-c14n "

I've searched through the mailing list archives and the include files for
libxml2, but I can not find anything related to canonicalization in libxml2.

  get the code source there is a testC14N.c test program.

I've also checked the expat library, and according to the docs, calling xmlwf
with the -d parameter supposedly generate canonical xml output. When I test

  It's not the same kind of canonicalization

Anyway, do you know about the status on canonicalisation on the the gnome xml
projects (libxml2 and gdome2), and/or have other information about where I can
get actual code using any library that does canonicalization?

   get the source of the latestsi version it's in there.
      ftp://xmlsoft.org/

Daniel