Re: [xml] Property Question

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 11:05:28PM -0600, gerryw objectivedomain com wrote:
Hi,

I need to obtain properties for an element without knowing them in advance
(ie; an alternative to xmlGetProp). What is the best way to discover the
properties of an element? I have seen the function for determining if a
node HAS properties, but I don't see one for getting a list of properties.
I have also seen a pointer to the properties in one of the structure
definitions, but I want to do this in a way that will be compatible with
future releases of libxml.

  Well so far there is no xmlListProp() function. People, me included
simply walk the node->properties list, however this is not always sufficient
since some properties may be inherited from the DTD and in this case are
not listed on node->properties.
  Libxml2 is in an API freeze mode at the moment, but I don't think
there would be any resistance to adding such an entry point. If someone
provides a correct patch to add this I would certainly integrate it,
the only tricky part is to get the element definition from the DTD
if available and add defaulted attribute if not already present in the
node->properties list.

Daniel