[xml] xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt troubles

hi people,
I am trying to build some documentation that uses libxslt and libxml.
But the build takes a loooong time due to havingto wait for timeouts as
shown below. Anyone know what are causing these? I have a working
internet connection (no proxy-firewall) and I am able to get these
documents in my browser so they are available.

Any help appreciated.

Christian

fig2dev -Lpng thread.fig thread.png
rm -f *.html
rm -f -r gstreamer-manual
mkdir gstreamer-manual
cp magic-png magic
xsltproc ./../xsl/html.xsl gstreamer-manual.xml
xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt: Connect attempt timed
out.xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt: Connect attempt timed
out.xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt: Connect attempt timed out.warning: failed
to load external entity
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/VERSION";
compilation error: file
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/docbook.xsl