[xml] installation of libxml2-python module on win98

Dear List,

I want to install the libxml & libxslt packages to use with python but
cannot
 get them installed.
 May be someone can help? I got the following packages:
 libxml2-2.4.23.win32
 libxml2-python-2.4.22.tar
 libxslt-1.0.19.win32

 Do they play together and work with python 2.1? How exactly do I have to
 install them, i.e. in which python\folder to copy etc.
 What is ment by the "modul tree" in the following instructions:

 Otherwise use the libxml2-python module distribution corresponding to your
 installed version of libxml2 and libxslt. Note that to install it you will
 need both libxml2 and libxslt installed and run "python setup.py build
 install" in the module tree.

Thanks for your help,

 Elena