Re: [xml] libxml compilation

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 05:16:35PM +0100, Carlos Pereira wrote:
I tried to compile libxml on a PC running GNU/Linux RH 5.2,

  The distribution is "Red Hat Linux 5.2" .

using the usual ./configure, make, make install,
but I got the errors posted below.
[...]
./.libs/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `crc32'

  This mean
    - one of the module was compiled using the zlib headers
    - the zlib library was not found at link time

  Most likely, you can configure, compiled some stuff, it didn't link
so you tried removing the library but didn't recompiled the .o,
why autoconf don't find -lz in 5.2 I have no idea.

  Suggestion: update to some recent version of Red Hat Linux
  Alternate: remove *also* the headers from zlib not just the shared library

Daniel