Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:15:25 +0000 (GMT)
From: Matt Sergeant <matt sergeant org>
To: AxKit Users List <axkit-users axkit org>
Cc: "perl-xml listserv activestate com" <perl-xml listserv activestate com>
Subject: XML::LibXSLT

Well I said it was coming, and I've finally got it working running the
tests without segfaulting :-)

Lots more work to do, but I wanted to put it out there for people to have
a play with it, and maybe someone can do some benchmark comparisons with
XML::Sablotron? One bonus of XML::LibXSLT over XML::Sablotron is it
creates a generic Stylesheet object, on which you call transform() passing
in a XML::LibXML::Document object. So it should be faster on multiple
transformations using the same stylesheet. Not sure how we can leverage
that in AxKit yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out :-)

As usual with early pre-alphas - no docs. Follow the example in the test
directory if you want to see how it works.

        http://axkit.org/download/

Ultimately I want to be able to wrap around more interfaces to the
document, and there's a lot more I can do with callbacks and so on, but
I'm also hoping someone might step up to volunteer taking over development
of this, because I'm no C programmer - I feel like I'm walking in a
minefield with this stuff.

Note: No AxKit interface yet.

--
<Matt/>