Re: [xml] Win32/MSVC Facelift

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:46:16PM -0600, Vakoc, Mark wrote:
#ifdef LIBXML_EXPORTS
#define XMLAPI __declspec(dllexport) __cdecl
#define XMLVAR __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define XMLAPI __declspec(dllimport) __cdecl
#define XMLVAR __declspec(dllimport)
#endif

   I assume on non Windows/MSC those would just be empty.

void XMLAPI somefunction();
extern XMLVAR int someexportedvariable;

Again, it really comes down to do the project owners (daniel et. al) really
want a powerful msvc implementation or not.  Since 98% of the people use it
on unix, the answer may very well be no.  Its worth discussing the options
here before commiting to any one approach.

   I not against tagging all include files this way (but I need
to check first it won't destroy the doc building system).
   On the other hand speading them in all the C files is not a pleasant
feeling. I may be convinced to go this route, but I would prefer to
avoid this.

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com