Re: [xml] XMLSchema?

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 05:26:58PM +0800, Wai-Sun Chia wrote:
Sorry if this is obvious:
Is anybody working on a XMLSchema validation function within libxml?
Or at least is it in the agenda?

  Good question. Here is an attempt at the answer:
   1/ I'm now back to 40% of my time working on libxml/libxslt (from nearly
      100%).
   2/ I want first to complete the XSLT framework and do bug fixing on
      it before starting on the next piece of the infrastructure
   3/ XMLSchema is the next piece of the infrastructure I want to work
      on.

 2/ looks good, I hope I have successfully delegated the EXSLT part :-),
and that it will enter a quiet maintenance mode now.

 So basically I hope to be able to start working on it in August, but
it may take time to complete. It is complex, it is not a simple function,
and I'm still wondering how I will be able to store the PSVI (Post Schemas
Validation Infoset) informations in the existing tree without breaking
binary compatibility, if I can !

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com