Re: [xml] Event based HTML parsing with libxml2, and...

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 10:24:53PM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
I assume there's a SAX type of event based parser for HTML, but I haven't
been able to locate any examples -- or haven't recognized them when I saw
them.

  check testHTML.c, there is code to show all the SAX events.

My needs are simple.  With Expat, all I'm using are:

XML_SetUserData();
XML_SetElementHandler();
XML_SetCharacterDataHandler();
XML_SetCommentHandler();

  In libxml you fill-up  a SAX callback block and pass it when invoking
the parser.

Second, if we end up bundling libxml2 with swish-e, would someone be able
to offer help on how to incorporate it into swish?  Is the best way to
include the entire package, and let our ./configure script call libxml2's
./configure?, call make, and then link swish-e against the resulting
library.  Sound about right?

  No the best is to ask people to install it. libxml2 will be installed
on most linux system soon, and it will also be availble on other
environment, embedding is not a good idea in this case.

Daniel