Re: [xml] 'make check' errors in libxml2-2.3.7

Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 04:05:48PM +0100, Judith Pemberton ubsw com wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can give me some help resolving these libxml2-2.3.7
'make check' errors.

I'm building on a Sun box:
SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-21 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

If I build with the Sun compiler:
CC: WorkShop Compilers 4.2 18 Sep 1997 C++ 4.2 patch 104631-04

'make check', in the "## XML regression tests on memory" bit gets:
Testing att1
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `XMLtests'

  this make is more sensible than GNU's one or it may be diff which
behaves differently ... If it's a crash then I'm surprized problem
is that I don't have enough informations to really understand what's
happening there. Since this is the first test using the memory parsing
this may be a real protability problem (this test uses mmap()) . If
someone with access to a Solaris box could look this up I would
appreciate (Gary Pennington maybe ?).

I configured and built 2.3.7 on my workstation (Solaris 2.8) as follows

CC=cc LD=/usr/ccs/bin/ld ./configure
make check

This failed as you described

Out of interest I tried the same thing with 2.3.6 and got the same problem

My investigation into the Makefile showed that unless you did configure with
memory debug support you can't do the memory checking since you need to grep
through the .memdump files. Even if you do configure the memory debug
support, the test fails due to this line :-
          grep "MORY ALLO" .memdump  | grep -v "MEMORY ALLOCATED : 0";\

This always returns 0 and thus fails the make. I changed the line to :-

          grep "MORY ALLO" .memdump  | grep -v "MEMORY ALLOCATED : 1";\

and this made it always pass and thus continue the checks.

Daniel, what's the proper fix? I don't think this is a Solaris specifc thing.

Gary

If I build with gcc 2.95.3
'make check', in the "## Valid documents regression tests" bit gets:
Testing v17.xml
Segmentation Fault - core dumped

  I think this one is fixed by the patch I sent already to the list today

    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2001-April/msg00100.html

Daniel