From:                   Fabrizio Ammollo <f ammollo reitek com>
To:                     Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
Subject:                Re: [xml] Still trying to handle entities using the SAX interface
Date sent:              Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:07:51 +0200
Copies to:              xml rpmfind net

On Wednesday 18 April 2001 15:24, Daniel Veillard wrote:

I discovered that line 4931 in parser.c is triggering the error :

  error in your viewpoint ....

Yes, I admit that I am the last person who can talk of errors in the
library... I don't know enough how it works, for sure.

  Now if you make a patch wich don't break binary compatibility and
  don't
break the whole enviroment I will certainely take it.

I just brutally tried adding a global variable which is set only by the
xmlSAXUserParseFile and xmlSAXUserParseMemory functionsm, and then adding
a test for its value in order to pass NULL or ctxt->userData to the
xmlParseBalancedChunkMemory and xmlParseExternalEntity functions, and
"make check" now works as expected. But, my program doesn't completely
work as expected: entities substitution behaves differently within
attributes and within elements. So, I think I'll definitely use the DOM
API.

Thank you.

Daniel

--