From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 11:38 AM
To: Sze, Tak F
Cc: 'xml gnome org'
Subject: Re: [xml] Entity reference

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 11:18:51AM -0700, Sze, Tak F wrote:
libxml has compatible SAX-like interface with expat. However,
entity reference is not automatically replaced with the entity value
under libxml. For example:

 <!DOCTYPE doc [
 <!ENTITY test "TEST">
 ]>

Under libxml, the character callback returned "&test;"
while expat returned "TEST".

  yes, you should also get entityDecl callbacks, you will need to
implement it. Did you read http://xmlsoft.org/#Entities ? Did you use
xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault() ?

Daniel

--