Re: [xml] libxml2 crash on entity declaration parsing

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 06:48:48PM +0200, Fabrizio Ammollo wrote:
Hello,

I am still experimenting with libxml2 and entities using the SAX interface,
and I have found that the following xml file will always make my program
crash :
[...]
If I eliminate the entity declaration, everything works fine (that is, the
parser complains that the entiity 'xml' was not defined).

  Handling entities on top of the SAX interface is hard, I warn against
it on the web page.

You will have to redo or try to reuse most of the existing work done at
this level in libxml, I suggest you look at the existing function used
by default in SAX.c but unfortunately I can't debug your code. Putting
a breakpoint at the SAX callback where your code is called and stepping
from there is the only way to debug this problem. For help on debugging
memory problems see http://xmlsoft.org/xmlmem.html

Daniel