Re: Freezing updates for compositing managers

On Monday 29 of June 2009, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> > Main question for me is whether this belongs in the wm-spec and
> > should be called _NET_WM_* ... it's clearly compositing-manager
> > specific not window manager-specific, but there's not really
> > (as far as know) a good alternate location.
>
> There is already some compositing manager specific text in the draft
> spec:
>
>     http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html#id2552725
>
> That is still a draft though, so maybe it's time for someone to look
> at making a new release.

 I think the prevailing opinion last time this was discussed [*] was that
compositing stuff should be in a separate spec. No actual action has taken
place though.

[*] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2008-January/msg00014.html

KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 084 672
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz