Re: WM enhancements to support accessible screen lock

On Tuesday 30 of September 2003 16:36, Bill Haneman wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 15:35, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> > > Clearly these are not acceptable alternatives ;-)
> >
> >  Are you sure they are worse than the third one?
> >
> > (3) make screen lock useless
> >
> >  Since I think that a screen lock that doesn't grab the input is useless.
>
> Grabbing the input is actually useless too, if by that you mean normal
> XGrabs (they offer very little security, contrary to some people's
> common notion).

 That's news to me (well, I said I'm not a security person). What's the
problem with grabs?

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/