Re: WM enhancements to support accessible screen lock

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 15:35, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > Clearly these are not acceptable alternatives ;-)
>
>  Are you sure they are worse than the third one?
>
> (3) make screen lock useless
>
>  Since I think that a screen lock that doesn't grab the input is useless.

Grabbing the input is actually useless too, if by that you mean normal
XGrabs (they offer very little security, contrary to some people's
common notion).

The window manager should IMO be the sole agent which deals with focus
and stacking requests (other than the xserver itself, which should be
delegating the authority to the XM anyhow).

- Bill