Re: frame size hints - for Wine

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Is it OK with you to make a round-trip query to the WM to get this
information?

Sure.

For maximization, you should try to find a way to use
_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED - i.e. it should not be done by having the app
resize itself larger.

Yes, I've already written a piece of code to take advantage of _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED the problem is that the client area is sometimes incorrectly sized.

I'd be willing to work with you to prototype a working setup with
metacity as _METACITY_foo hints, if you want to do that, and then we
could come back to the list with a tested solution.

Havoc

That would be great! This is something that's been bugging me for a while.

Mike